Arian gas company activities in supplying different kinds of industrial, laboratory, and medical gases.
- pure Sulfur hexafluoride Gas
- Sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) is an inorganic, colorless, odorless, non-flammable, extremely potent greenhouse gas which is an excellent electrical insulator. SF6 has an octahedral geometry, consisting of six fluorine atoms attached to a central sulfur atom. It is a hypervalent molecule. Typical for a nonpolar gas, it is poorly soluble in water but soluble in nonpolar organic solvents. It is generally transported as a liquefied compressed gas. It has a density of 6.12 g/L at sea level conditions, which is considerably higher than the density of air (1.225 g/L).
- Main applications
- Electronics In semiconductor manufacturing, sulfur hexafluoride is a fluorine source for high density plasma etching without generating carbon by-products. SF6 can be used for etching metal silicides (specially tungsten etchback), nitrides and oxides versus their metal substrates. Other industries
- Sulfur hexafluoride is a insulating material used as a dielectric in electrical transformers.
- SF6 can be used as a inert blanketing agent.
- SF6 is a tracer gas for determining ventilation rates and air movements in buildings.
- Molecular weight : 146.05 g/mol
- Solid phase
- Latent heat of fusion (1,013 bar, at triple point) : 39.75 kJ/kg
- Liquid density (at triple point) : 1880 kg/m3
- Boiling point (Sublimation) : -63.9 °C
- Latent heat of vaporization (1.013 bar at boiling point) : 162.2 kJ/kg
- Vapor pressure (at 21 °C or 70 °F) : 21.5 bar
- Critical temperature : 45.5 °C
- Critical pressure : 37.59 bar
- Triple point
- Triple point temperature : -49.4 °C
- Triple point pressure : 2.26 bar
- Gas density (1.013 bar and 15 °C (59 °F)) : 6.27 kg/m3
- Compressibility Factor (Z) (1.013 bar and 15 °C (59 °F)) : 0.9884
- Specific gravity (air = 1) (1.013 bar and 21 °C (70 °F)) : 5.114
- Specific volume (1.013 bar and 21 °C (70 °F)) : 0.156 m3/kg
- Heat capacity at constant pressure (Cp) (1.013 bar and 21 °C (70 °F)) : 0.097 kJ/(mol.K)
- Viscosity (1.013 bar and 0 °C (32 °F)) : 0.000142 Poise
- Thermal conductivity (1.013 bar and 0 °C (32 °F)) : 12.058 mW/(m.K)